Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Age of Man

Contention of Christ’s return has been a popular topic for this generation.  I would agree that it has been popular at certain times throughout the last millennium, but global awareness and magnification has created a more aggressive movement.

I used to scoff at the notion as a child, I thought to myself, “Everyone has been trying to pin-point the return of Christ forever, and it has never been accurate.”  When studying scripture, Christ’s message to us on the topic was clear:

Matthew 24:36
“"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

I have to admit, I have always been interested in Christ’s return.  I have studied Daniel and Revelation more than any other scripture.  I remember at the age of 10 being obsessed with the symbolic and horrifying depictions of the end times.

Many people have been interested in studying the timelines, dates and ages in order to give an exact year or date when this may happen.  I have listened to the arguments and explanation of several sources, but found them to be incomplete.  I’m not so intrigued by finding this time, rather understanding the scope of our existence.

As I was studying one afternoon, I began to take a high level summary of the different significant events throughout the Bible in relation to God’s direction.  Looking at the rough estimates, there was something I found to be interesting.  I plotted a simple timeline out and it seemed to make sense to me based on the timing and numbers of God.

The timeline is not an attempt to directly associate Christ’s return, but more of a thought that the age of man is nearly complete.  The Bible has a passage about the relation of time to God:

2 Peter 3:8
“But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.”

So with this logic, we can reasonably assume that the world has existed for about six days.  I believe that Christ’s return will start the 1000 year (or one day) binding of Satan.  This would be a day of rest to the heavens, which would coincide with the seven day creation of the earth as well.

It is interesting to me as well that the different allocations of direction from man, the Jews, and then Gentiles is roughly the same, two thousand years.

How will the end of time unfold?  I certainly do not know, or want to for that matter.  This thought gave me something to consider about the time we are living in today.

3 comments:

  1. this is really interesting, where do you get this information from-do you preach?

    I love it, wish everyone could see this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adisa, I appreciate the comment, and no I don't preach(wouldn't that be scary) :)

    I have had an interest in religion for most of my life. Christianity has been the focus for the last 8 years after giving myself to Christ.

    I have had experience with many different Christian denominations over the years and have come to understand the core differences between them.

    I thought it was important during my development to study the Bible without preconceived influence. I must say that a lot of my beliefs did not just come to me through study, but from concepts and conversations from many different sources. If I found something that made sense, I would pursue and study it to find truth. Some of the thoughts that I have, like in this post, are just ideas that have come through study.

    Mostly, through my blogs I am trying to get people to think about things from a different perspective than typical. If anything seems to make sense, I suggest that people study for themselves to see if they find truth there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Isa al-Masih a.s. (Jesus) will return. And before he could return, the Dajjal al-Masih will come to rule the world. When will this happen? Dajjal will come when the Lake/Sea of Galilee dries. It is known now that the water level in the lake/sea has reached the point of no return. The time for him to return is soon, very soon.

    ReplyDelete